Friday, January 14, 2011

I love a bargain. Shopping at the .99 cent store!

I love bargains and I love .99 cent stores, there are so many things they sell for us makeup artists to use. I have just come from shopping at one so I thought I'd compile a list of goodies that you can find at the local .99 cent store.

*q-tips
*tissues
*baby oil
*baby oil gel
*tweezers (not the greatest quality though sometimes you get lucky)
*baby powder
*baby wipes
*scissors
*nail clippers
*brushes (poor quality usually use them for glue or body painting)
*mirrors
*pencil cases
*pill boxes - for lipsticks
*nail files
*empty travel bottles
*cotton
*cotton rounds
*alcohol (usually 50% or 70%)
*which hazel
*Vaseline
*scotch tape (I use it to remove fallen glitter off the face)
*dish rags
*nail polish remover
*latex gloves
*sponges
*paper towels

the possibilities are endless and not every .99 cent store is the same. These finds I usually always get at the .99 cent store and I splurge on things like brushes and actual makeup. So I hope this post was helpful to someone. Happy shopping!!

Love and Lipgloss
Chris

1 comment:

Lynn Golovich About Faces Michigan Makeup Artist said...

I have found the long handled Q-tips at mine dollar store. So handy for so many things...and for only a dollar!

Lynn Golovich
www.aboutfaces.tv